Wednesday, July 7, 2021

YARN: Merino wool- Dara yarn- socks

 Finally finished enough projects to start these socks! The yarn is wonderful and soft.

#6 needles 16 inch

cast on 56 stitches

knit 2 purl 2 for 3 rows then switch to #5 needles and knit all rows to desired length





**

July 16 

I swear I really know how to stress myself out. I was timing the rows each morning and making it 3 rows which took 12 minutes to knit. Found that too stressful so I switched and set timer for 10 minutes and can do 5 needles worth- so that it will be.

July 16 so far


*

August 2

making headway. Had to buy another skein locally at Great Yarn- Who Gives a Stitch. got same color even though I could have gone with any color- just not same dye lot. okay with me.


**

new skein


*

new skein separated into 2 balls


*

August 30

looks like it took me a month and a half to finish the socks. I had dropped a stitch back at maybe 6 inches length and tried to repair it and it only got worse so I tied it off with contrasting yarn and carried on. Added a new ball of yarn for each sock at about 10 inches. The finished product was over 13 inches when I began to cast off. They are soft and lovely and cushiony and I am sure they will be warm. They washed easily and dried in 2 days. I have 3 ounces left so that would be an ounce and a half for new pair of socks to start then I will definitely get a contrasting color of the same yarn to finish.

Glad I noted stitches and needle sizes above as I could not remember just now.

Where the dropped stitch was and the repair is looks like it makes room for a bunion LOL


look like Brunhilda legs or Grandmother Ida Hollenback. Had to check my tree on ancestry for the spelling of Hollenback. I guess Lautenbach is the one ending in H.

*



No comments:

Post a Comment