Wednesday, July 7, 2021

SEW: wraparound skirt

 June-July 2021


well tired of shopping for nonexistent  items. Need lightweight clothing.Wanted flimsy thinner cotton than I use for masks. Ended up with something that seems heavier of course. Washed it the other day and it softened up. I will do a skirt and if it is too hot & heavy I can rip it out and use the material for something else.


Just cannot photo this material in the wind LOL

**

well I went to iron this material before working it into a wraparound skirt and it wrinkles deeply so screw that- I made a pillowcase for the pillow I sit on in the truck. I also used some of the material to make mask ties. The previous case was at least 20 years old and wearing thin.

Pillow cases look simple to make. LOL I made the mistake of making the hem first then sewing the side and end. So it was long to begin with and I was able to re hem it.






**


No comments:

Post a Comment