Friday, July 30, 2021

SEW: Kitchen door curtains

 I bought this material to make more Summer masks. Found it too thick and stiff. so it sat by the sewing machine for a month. light bulb moment- perfect size for the kitchen door. we will see.

Had to wind a bobbin of course and re thread the sewing machine. ugh. That done I sewed up  outer edges on both sides before I cleaned the truck tonight. wicked on my neck! I need to get a chair proper for that height.

My batteries for my Nikon , all 4, needed charging so I got to use Kindle Fire camera and post to facebook. quite handy

bobbin winder


wrong side


right side


so the pattern is 2 panels 15 inches wide and 45 inches long, seam is ironed a little less than 1/2 inch and then when at the machine I fold that over and sew..

*

Top and bottom seams are selvage  so do not need the above preparation.  Just fold selvage over its own size and stitch then fold for a 2 inch hem. Sew along the selvage edge so there is room for curtain rod.





still good enough for privacy
*
July 31

August 1

*

No comments:

Post a Comment