Friday, July 16, 2021

YARN: Dara,Paula & fishermans wool

 I was given the colorful ones and bought Lion Brand white fisherman wool to use to make a shawl with the three

started the project 3 different times- dissatisfied with the results after 1 band 2 band 3 bands LOL ripped it out and started over again- keeping it simple and when colors change I will pick up yarn then cut when necessary so I do  not have a bulky edge.


July 14



that ripped out

July 16

the three yarns and the project so far.


**

pattern is 60 stitches cast on to #10 needle. slip one knit to the end. Change colors after 2 or 3  inches I may add scraps of other wool I have to use it up.

*

August 2 2021

progress.


Did some measuring and weighing. I have knit 7-1/2 inches so far and used 2-1/2 ounces of yarn. I have 14.5 ounces of yarn left . I should be able to knit another 40+ inches if I calculate correctly.

 we will see. I am sure I will run out of "colors" before the off white. So I can just buy two more colors and keep going.

**

3.5 white & 4.0 white

3.5 green

3.5 purple.

**



**

September 21 2021

Finished one half or one third , depending upon how much yard is left! on this project.

*

October 2021 

progress

ready to weave in tails


progress on second piece may be half or a third of it all, who knows


*



No comments:

Post a Comment