Friday, July 23, 2021

KNIT: Scrap leftover yarn into squares

July 22 2021

 to make a blanket

started this sometime beginning of 2021. Using scraps of yarn leftover from projects over the years I knit squares. Finally a cool day and I cleared off the harvest table and was able to design a patterns and separated each pile into a plastic bag. will sew together by hand eventually.

I think I need more squares for an edging to make it just a little bigger



**

pattern:

#8 circular needles work with 2 squares at a time separate needles I hope that makes sense.

cast on 20 stitches

slip 1 knit to end , repeat for 36 rows and cast off.

**

September 2021

well finally sewn together. After many mismatches of squares etc it is sewn together and now just needs the ends woven in. That may take awhile!






September 12-13

undoing and re doing







the clothes pins helped to keep me on track and not turn something the wrong way. phew that took forever.

September 14

almost there



*

September 15

well finally wove in all the ends etc not perfect but good enough for just me.



October 3
washed and dried at laundromat and what a difference! not floppy. It looks great and I am happy with the outcome.

*



No comments:

Post a Comment