Saturday, January 22, 2022

2022:SEW- NEW PROJECTS

 January 18

Bought this red material to make a stitch book for the sewing machine. Then realized nothing would show up. So it just sat there. I ended up doing a stitch book on an old turtleneck hem LOL good enough for now. So decided to make kitchen door curtains same as the last set of yellow ones. 2 pieces of material 36 inches long and approximately 16 inches wide. Sewed seams on top and bottom for rod and side seams narrow. simple.



It will be awhile before I can put them up- need to block cold glass drafts for now.

*

February 2

got to Hyannis and used Dara's gift card at Joanns needed Bobbibs and a craft needle that is long and has a large eye. Got yarn for leg warmers and 2 quilting squares for masks.


April 11
material for 3 kitchen cabinet curtains.


*
April 27
curtain for lower cabinet with cleaning supplies and shopping bags


April 19
ed door curtains went up


*
May 23
finally made the cabinet curtains for the upper ones.





*
The kitchen door curtain May 31

*
the above curtains washed wonderfully by hand

*
May - June-July etc pillow project.
first had it hanging in sun room window
Mom and I had identical dresses. black and white and long. Tiny mirrors in the bodice. Mine no longer fit so I cut it up for use.
found a pillow form packed away and it is perfect. I machine sewed 3 edges stuffed the pillow in and machine stitched it shut. BIG MISTAKE, stitches all over the place and the machine jammed.
stitch ripping took a few days. Finally hand stitches it back together. wow that was an awkward position for 15 inches. I will do a colorful thread edging as decoration. I hope.




June 26
still not completed . I am undecided as to whether to trim edges with tiny buttons or what. BUT I needed a "sharps" needle to do anything. I must have 100s of needles. Found this round container and even following the instructions of twisting to open could not open the case. So I put it in a plastic bag and hit it- breaking the plastic.





*

No comments:

Post a Comment