Saturday, January 1, 2022

2022:KNIT Knitting projects

 Still working on asymetrical scarf-shawl

# 6 needle

cast on 5 stitches. Increase one edge only by  slip 1 , knit 1, yarn over knit to end. Next row is always slip 1, knit 1 to end. Place marker for those 5 stitches that remain the same.

After enough stitches are on  5 at non increase edge, 5 in middle and 4 on increase edge. Slip 1, knit 1, yarn over knit next 2 stitches and place a marker. Pattern for middle 5 stitches- knit 2 yarn over, purl 2 together knit to end.

I hope this makes sense!

********

Started white wool hat using lion brand 100% wool that I ised on the shawl I just completed.

cast on 66 stitches onto a #8 short needle. join in the round k2 p2 it likely will not match meaning it will end with knit not purl. I do not care this is done for 3 rounds then knit onto 2 #8 needles and knit all to desired height. I may have to adjust number of stitch. will not know until I have knit at least  5 inches! So be it I can rip it out and start over.


***********

Started leg warmers . these were a bitch but finally got it to:

cast on 60 stitches onto # 7  short needle. knit in round one row then next row add another needle. complete that round then decrease at every 10 stitches ending up with 25 on each needle. Knit all to desired length do ribbing of k 2 p 2 then cast off. This is cheaper yarn than what I used for Dara's leg warmers so some adjustments may be needed.

***

I want to start socks using the lion brand sock yarn I got at Ocean State Job lot- but not yet. going to have 3 projects going instead of my usual 5. 


**

January

gotta keep things simple. I had started the 100% white wool hat and was going to add the green yarn I have left to make a helix pattern. Well it did not turn out well after only a few rows so I ripped it out. Of course it snagged. But back to a regular pattern #10 needles 76 stitches. k2 p2 for an inch of less LOL then knit all. I keep getting the urge to add a pattern and catch myself in tome to keep it simple.




*

start again-


*

white wool on to 2 circular needles. I kept knitting onto the same needle ugh


asymmetrical scarf shawl and leg warmers progress


*

February 3

had to rip out the white wool hat at 77 stitches and 6 inches deep it was too tight.



so am trying again

#8 needles, 83 stitches. cast off one as connecting in the round. so 82 stitches. knit all first row

2nd row knit 2 purl 2

3rd row knit all

4th row purl 2 knit 2

5th row knit all.

seeing if that makes an inch then do all knit. Keep trying on for how deep I want the hat. I want it to be a soft cap. Not a snug fitting hat.

*

will be doing same pattern with the blue variated yarn left over from the leg warmers I just finished.

*
February 2 picked up more yarn for leg warmers with Dara's gift card at Joanns

*

samples so far of white wool hat-cap and fuzzy blue one using the pattern above



*
February 6

Blue variated leg warmers are done


*

almost finished that asymetrical shawl yay.

April 13

a very good friend bought herself yarn for hooking but it had no body to  it for hooking so I got it. Purple wool and duck egg blue wool from Deborah Bliss. I had to wait for a clear windless day to roll into balls. The day arrived and I was out on the deck merrily rolling away and a surprise gust of wind came through and blew the hank off the laundry dryer. ehads. I have been untangling it every day since. Taking forever!






April 21
progress on the tangled yarn

*
May 9
completed assymetrical shawl
so during that blizzard and no power thing January 29 2022 I started this assymetrical shawl. I knew my brother would eventually show up with a generator when he could get out. But it was fucking cold in here. Got down to 36 degrees. I knew I had to keep hydrated, and walking and occupied to stay alive. I am not being dramatic when I say that. It was awful. so last night waiting for my supper to boil into a mushy existence, I finished casting off the shawl. 152 stitches. So a little over 3 months of knit&walk and it is done. I still have to weave in loose ends and wash . Hoping I do not find any drop stitches. If I do I  close them up with contrasting yarn and make it look like it was intended :)


May 4
blue yarn winding tangles at a standstill.

*
May 31
bulky socks I hope I can find the pattern I made up for them LOL


found the pattern'cast on 50 stitches on #6 circular needle then transfer those stitches to 2 # 5 needles. 
alternating rows K2 P2 2 rows
knit all 1 row
K1 P2 2 rows
1 row k all.
*
they are reversible LOL


July 12 

Finally finish the off purple shawl using Big Twist soft. Not nice yarn but it is done and not large enough to be a shawl, maybe a chunky scarf. But I was in no mood to get more yarn for it LOL

size 10-1/2 circular needles. cast on 5 stitches. slip 1 knit 1 yarn over knit to end repeat that for 2 rows.
then 2 rows of slip 1 knit to end. ended up being 108 stitches.
dimensions after washed : 3 edges. 36 x 36 x 40 inches.
*
the yarn left after completion LOL

September 10
Finally wound Dara's purple wool yarn into balls. The pale blue is still tangled.It was finally calm enough to do outside-took 20 minutes


October 25
Dara's purple yarn made into a hat-
knitting instructions
cast on 90 st onto a #8 circular needle
connect
row 1- knit all
2 $ 3 k2 p2
4 & 5 k1 p2
repeat those 5 rows to 6 inches. 
then decrease
k 2 p 2 together
knit all
k2 together until you have 20 stitches then cast off.

November
I am making a shawl using odd ball left over yarn. double strand. It went along fine until I tried to use up this soft black & white yarn. It is so horrible to knit with. Bought it a few years ago in the barain bin at AC Moore. a store that no longer exists here but I loved their cheap yarns. except this one. Not sure what I will torture myself with making something using this. maybe i cords LOL


and finally untangled Dara's blue yarn and wound into 2 balls. Had to cut a few times but that can be blended in when knitting. Thinking of using it with the left over purple she gave me at the same time.

*
November 22
progress on blue yarn from Dara that I finally untangled


lovely to work with.
*
finally finishcd the blue wool hat and the purple!
December 14


*







No comments:

Post a Comment