Friday, December 25, 2020

YARN: Ripping out and reconstructing projects

 Knit this hat a couple of years ago. But this year since I cut off 7 inches of hair last June- it no longer fit it came down over my eyes. Well this one was a bitch because the yarn once washed sticks to itself. I actually had to cut off a couple of inches hoping I could rescue enough yarn to finish the hat! Found another small ball of it anyhow but...







***

ripped out green very soft wool hat too and finished knitting that to a smaller/shorter size.This one completely deconstructed. 50 stitches on #11 shiny needles to  5-6 inches then switch to #10-1/2 needles. I little "bump" at the top big enough for a messy bun LOL



Green one complete and my kind of perfect.

January 7 2021

While we are at it ripped out another older project that shrunk the wrong way- a cowl. Beautiful yarn that will now be a scarf. Actually as I am typing this I anm thinking of ripping it out and using larger needles. LOL



more later after it is ripped out again.

***

got this far with the above rip out and ripped it out again- determined this time to make socks. photos of that progress later

the yarn sure is sturdy! LOL



**
February 11 2021
Had knit these neck warmers years ago like maybe 10 years ago. First wanted them to be hats then a long neck warmer and then 3 separate neck warmers. Well decided this morning to rip them apart and I want to make sleep socks with the Lion Brand Wool Ease which I do not see in the stores anymore.
My hands and shoulders feel the effects from ripping the magenta one apart so I will take these easy does it :)


***

February 16 2021
I was re sorting my yarn collection this morning and decided to make use of this fine lavender blue wool. I think I remember my mother making a sweater out of it. And as is usual in these cases bought more than enough yarn. So what was left over I made a neck warmer. Never wore it - it was too short. So decided to make drawstring at on end and turn it into a hat. It is lovely yarn.






Okay those three neck warmers above. I ripped out the magenta one that got 2 balls of yarn for part of making some socks. I tried to unravel the orange one and it was too tough- too many snags and sticking together. So I gave up and reinforced the "loops" and then sewed the top together to make a square. Somewhat like the pussy cat hats of a few years ago. Looks too much like a court jester so I divided it into quarters and secured in a V type top. The blue one I will leave as a neck warmer. Tired of dealing with this yarn



**
the yellow wool sock progress





***
Completed sleep socks

***



No comments:

Post a Comment