Tuesday, November 17, 2020

YARN: Helix knitting pattern

 well, I like working this pattern. One way is to start off with all colors and then just switch rows and colors as you go

That is this, which is almost done. It will be either a neck warmer or a doubled up hat for bad weather


Then the traditional pattern the way it is supposed to be done.

I have a batch of small amounts of fingering or sock yarn- very thin. A lot of it. I was going to do an illusion scarf but not enough colors to pull that off. So I started to just knit one color and got to 6-8 inches and pulled it all out thinking it was too dull. yikes.

So I refreshed my memory and started the traditional way using 3 colors to start. Cast on 72 stitches and work in the round knit 2 purl 2 for about an inch using one color. Then add a color at 24 stitches then add the 3rd color at the next 24 stitches. That went along fine sort of until this morning when my hand jerked and dropped 2 stitches. Well ordinarily I would pick up the stitches but this went into another colors and I ended up ripping it all out yet again. I will do an illusion after all it just won't be an illusion- it will be strips of color and fuck it if no one has a sense of humor about it LOL

Here's what got ripped out.


***

I will see if I can remember to post what the first one looks like when finished!

***

December 13 2020 

completed neck warmer




***

No comments:

Post a Comment