Monday, January 30, 2023

2023: NEW YARN-NEW PROJECTS

 January 21

Dara sent this gorgeous yarn likely will make one hat and one loose cowl



*

January 20

finished a bulky knit hat from green yarn I got with a rewards card at Ocean State Job Lot

*

above hat off head


*

I do not see this yarn in Kar stash so no clue where it came from but it made a nice hat that  I have to mend a dropped stitch and weave in ends. and attach pom pom and close top hole.


*
January 27
winding Dara's




January 28
yarn at Joann's for leg warmers
*
I did not buy it but wonder how it works
I will google and hope youtube has a video LOL

*
*
February 1
was pretty chilly but I decided late afternoon to wind this multi yarn from Dara into a ball. Had to quit before finished because my hands were cold and the winds picked up.




lovely yarn.
*
the above and the first yarn pictured here made this hat! not enough for a cowl too though as thought.

*
okay Dara's purple yarn was lovely soft a beautiful color but apparently my knitting style and tension it is too loose. hats cowls all were too big and stretchy and towards the end I had ladder effect yikes so ripped it out

so cast on 50 stitches on to # 9  circular needles
first few rows staggered rib then knit one row purl the next do a long cast off so it is not tight. Finished April 8th and walked it to the post office that was a struggle

April 9th 
started leg warmers with that bright green yarn. 50 stitches on #7 do ribbing then connect and knit all.


**
May 10
the above leg warmers are now 10 inches long and I am bored making the same thing every day. I may caste them off and turn them into sleep socks. They are a bit too narrow for over the jean leg warmers. we will see. Just tried on and not long enough yet ha ha
*
June 8
finished these legwarmers. Yes they are smaller than what I usually wear for over jeans to protect hiking boot laces etc. But they fit fine to keep my legs warm underneath just about anything.
cast on 50 stitches onto #7 circular needles work a cuff of k2 p2 for a;most an inch or until bored with that stitch. then attach 2 needles and work on the round for 15 inches then do the cuff again k2 p2 then cast off using long cast off-  knit  2 stitches pass one stitch over the other and then pass that stitch back onto the other needle They are  about 5 inches wide meaning 10 in circumference . Used almost 5 ounces of yarn.
*






*







No comments:

Post a Comment