Thursday, June 25, 2020

SEW- Repairing two quilts

My two quilts- one bought at Haskells in the 70s the other a Martha Stewart thing bought on sale in Macys less than 10 years ago. Both were getting a bit ragged. So when I washed them and would not be surprised with a washer full of "fluff" I sewed up the 4 seams on each.
egads no easy task maneuvering  thick heavy items. Used up 6 old bobbins and had to re-thread the needle numerous times. But also since the material was thin and old it would catch in the machine and clog up the works and I would have to cut it out. and wow what a head and neck aches when done.
but this is what the thread clogs looked like LOL fun & games.





***

2 comments:

  1. Will come back and read, but wanted to add your link to my blog to make visiting easier. I'm over due to write a post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and good to see I actually get alerts for comments!

      Delete