Tuesday, April 17, 2018

YARN-Dara's Yarn

Love love love the aromas touch and feel of it knitting up.

Lacy cowl in progress.


Lacy cowl finished May 9 2018, washed it today with mild shampoo and it is still lovely.




***
Today I took the bus from South Chatham to The Great Yarn shop. Bus was almost 20 minutes late coming from Hyannis direction and the bus back here from yarn shop was 3 minutes early. Good thing I did not have to pee.

conversation overheard on the bus this morning."Her grandfather fought with Abraham Lincoln in the war of 1812. I see a parcel of land up there in Vermont,3 acres 134,000 a brand new cabin smack in the center of it. I am going up there. If you own property in Vermont your kids go to State Schools free."

my note: this was a run on conversation one guy to a gal and I doubt he meant Lincoln was in Vermont, but perhaps he thought Lincoln freed Aunt Jemima so she could make fake syrup there.

I went in expecting to buy some of the crazies yarn they advertised. It was not what I expected. ( forgot to take a photo of it LOL ) I thought something nubby etc. It was 100% wool sport weight and varied colors in each skein. One skein would NOT make a pair of socks but would make one sock. Aggravating but that's the way it is with Paton yarns as well.
catch the fucking bar code FUC on this LOL shawl yarn I cannot imagine one skein doing one shawl- egads it would cost a fortune at 38 bucks a skein. Not tempting but pretty nonetheless.


various other items in the store



I have definitely had my share of days like this ^^^




What I chose and still have 5 bucks to spend.





Hint for yarn shop owners and yarn producers. make the label show ounces and length and the price clear. Also helps to know if it would make one cock or a pair. Why sell sock yarn in skeins that make one sock???

leaving in that freudian slip just for laughs LOL

Thank you again Dara for the generous gift certificate!

No comments:

Post a Comment