Friday, July 29, 2016

YARN-Donated Yarn

A former customer when I worked at a video store for eons. So generous and always a delight to wait on.
Two skeins of multi colored ribbon! A puzzle as to what to knit with it! I tried a few times to do a scarf- the most common use but each time halfway through all I could think of was Robin Williams and Mick Jagger's girlfriend and the method they chose to exit this world. So I have kind of refrained from making scarves.

Project I am attempting with the ribbon and a small skein of acrylic from Red Heart- a small child's hat. It is fun to work.










a large 7 ounce skein of Vanna White acrylic yarn- I am doing another shawl

Black 100% wool- I love knitting with wool. Another adult hat

rolling this hank  of black wool into a ball was no easy task.I remember being the arms for Mom when she did this- I used a chair. :)





Red acrylic with some wool another hat

Finished the shawl- which seemed to knit up quickly.

Used the ribbon to knit a child's hat using acrylic orange yarn. That was fun!

a red washable wool hat for an adult


and a black hat for an adult- 100% wool which was a delight to knit with.


Still have yarn to work with and am using the ribbon and the 100% black wool for another hat. And the washable red wool making a cowl-neck warmer.

No comments:

Post a Comment